If you already understand the basic aspects of photography and are familiar with the capabilities of your camera but you want to bridge the gap to advanced techniques and creativity, then the DPC Advanced Photography Course will get you there. This course takes you beyond the basics; focus on more complex camera techniques and thinking processes and how to achieve a much higher quality output.
- Small classes | 40 hours class time and +- 20 hours personal time for assignments
- 11 evening classes with a full-day practical shoot under guidance
- Part 1: Focus on beyond the basics, technical aspects; such as advanced camera and lens techniques. Grow your photography knowledge with subjects such as visual language, advanced composition and lighting.
- Part 2: Covers digital workflow processes to ensure maximum accuracy and output quality.
- The course is outcome based and apart from class lectures you get practical assignments with feedback to enforce theories learned in class
- Exclusive access to the Advanced Photography Group on Photo Critic for ongoing support even after you finished your course
For whom is this course?
- Intermediate photographers who already understand the basic aspects of photography and would like to step up their photography to the next level.
- 8 weeks, 10 hands-on evening classes with 1 full day practical shoot
- 40 hours class time and +- 20 hours for assignments (own time)
- A digital SLR, Mirrorless, or compact camera with Manual, or advanced program modes, tripod
- Computer with Lightroom and a basic working knowledge of Lightroom and raw.
- Internet access to view additional course material, trial software and upload assignments to Photo Critic
Key Aspects Covered
- Developing as a photographer, purpose, planning and work rate
- Advanced understanding of creative and narrative uses of the camera control
- Advanced lens and depth of field aspects, such as Hyperfocal distance and other techniques
- Advanced exposure time, movement blur, ultra-long exposures, time lapse, focus stacking and various techniques
- Advanced lighting
- Visual language including advanced composition, colour and energy
- Shoot preparation, colour management
- Advanced raw workflow
- Printing and framing
- Preparing images for the best quality output and printing
- Hand-outs: printed Manual, e-book containing all the course material and optional video tutorials.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE