This practical hands-on course is ideal for photographers who would like to learn how to shoot portraits in the studio. Covering all the most important aspects of the studio environment, camera settings and lighting equipment.
You will personally get the opportunity to set up the lights, direct, and shoot a model under guidance of a pro! After completing this course you will have the practical knowledge and confidence to shoot in the studio on your own.
- Small groups with a maximum of 8 people who each get to work personally with all the equipment and directing a studio shoot.
- Day 1: Hands-on presentation focusing on the studio environment, camera settings, studio equipment, quality and direction of light
- Day 2: You get to participate and direct a practical shoot, covering all the most important portrait lighting setups. We emphasize typical problems you may encounter in the studio, which will enable you to solve them effectively when you’re shooting on your own in the studio.
- Exclusive access to the Studio Photographers Group on our social network Photo Critic for ongoing support even after you finished your course
For whom is this course?
- A digital SLR camera or Mirrorless camera with full Manual control.
- Basic – intermediate understanding of how to set up your camera i.e. Able to change ISO, Shutter speed, Aperture, accessing the various focusing modes etc.
Key Aspects Covered
- Planning a studio shoot.
- Detailed layout and practical explanation of the studio environment and lighting equipment.
- Cameras settings, tethered shooting and using a light meter.
- Lighting the background.
- Quality and direction of light.
- Using lighting ratios to create accurate and dramatic portraits in the shortest possible time.
- Basic lighting systems.
- Portrait setups i.e. Broad, Short, Split, Loop, Rembrandt, and Butterfly lighting.
- Preventative measures to problems you may encounter in the studio.
- Hand-outs: quick guide, e-book of the course content, including lighting setups and diagrams.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE