I am starting out in the business and after discussing with the client the details now they have a problem with the photos being used in my portfolio and webpages for marketing myself.

How do i handle this???

Views: 110

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Donita, 

You have raised a tough question... firstly if you have a model release signed then you do have the legal right, however that would not be morally sound if the client does not want the images shown.

It might be an idea to show the client a preview of how you would like to use the image and ask for consent for that use only.

Do you know why they are not offering consent for the image use? 

That might assist you with a business plan going forwards with future shoots.

If you need assistance with a Model / Property release and good legal wording that is easy to understand and although written by a lawyer it is in layman's normal English... so you & I can understand it and clients are not frightened off... let me know.

Tough one Donita.  Glen would it be possible to perhaps send me the model/property release as well as there are so many out there, and I trust yours would be in order hehe. 

Dus die matriekafskeid mense jong. dalk ook maar goed dat dit so vroeg in die besigheid begin ne ;-)

Hi Glen, would you be so kind as to send me a copy of your Model Release form please. My email is; shovel@mweb.co.za
We had this problem once. We had a woman with two small children and her boyfriend for a shoot. We told her we would put a few "sneak peek" shots on our FB page and she didn't have a problem. Well not until we posted them anyway. She called us, quite upset and told us to take them off immediately, which we did. It apparently all revolved around a problem with her Ex. Everything ended happily anyway, when she called again a month or so later and said we could now post the pics.
I agree that Donita should establish what the problem is, but whatever happens, don't fight them on this. Keep them happy, there may be return business.

Glen, Please if i can get a copy?  that would be super.

i was yesterday a bit upset, so i did not respond yet, but are calmer now and will be able to handle this better now :)

Hi Guys,

I have been using "Top Model Release" app on my IPad...

www.topmodelrelease.com

I made a new template with my own wording as below. The client can sign on tyhe ipad and when you save it is auto sends a pdf of the contract to you and the model.

Here was the simple wording I used:

I hereby give the Photographer my permission to license the Images and to use the Images in any Media for the purposes of promoting Purple Iris Photography. This Promotion may include, among others, advertising, promotion, marketing and packaging for any product or service. I agree that the Images may be combined with other images, text and graphics, and cropped, altered or modified.

I agree that I have no rights to the Images, and all rights to the Images belong to the Photographer.

I represent and warrant that I am at least 18 years of age and have the full legal capacity to execute this release. My legal Parent or Guardian will need to grant permission should I be under the age of 18 years.

Definitions:

“MODEL” means the signatory and includes my appearance, likeness and form.

“MEDIA” means all media including digital, electronic, print, television, film and other media. “PHOTOGRAPHER” means the photographer, photographing me for Purple Iris Photography.

“IMAGES” means all photographs, film or recording taken of me as part of the Shoot.

“PARENT” means the parent and/or legal guardian of the Model.

Attachments:

Baie dankie.  Word baie waardeer.

o wow! this is so easy!!! i have a samsung tablet.  i hope they have something like this on there.  going to search for it now. Thanks Glen

Thanks Glen. Appreciated.

RSS

Groups

Members

© 2018   Created by Danie Bester.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service